This time of the year we decide that we no longer crave our comforting hot-pots and warming soups, and find that perhaps a light-bite would better suit. We discovered a splendid blend of mozzarella, apple, and gammon, on pastry provide just the perfect mix to add to our spring menu.
This recipe is so quick and easy, and fab for impressing friends for lunch!
Here’s how to make spring savoury tart…
250g puff pastry (pre-made slab)
1 apple (thinly sliced)
1 ball mozzarella (thinly sliced)
1 steak gammon (cut into cubes)
2 tsp mixed herbs (Sage and Thyme)
Olive oil (drizzled)
- Heat oven 200C
- Roll out pastry to desired shape (we used a 32cmx20cm tray to cut round)
- Lay sliced apple onto pastry
- Make another layer by putting the mozzarella on top of the slices of apple
- Evenly scatter cubed gammon on top of the mozzarella slices (if you don’t fancy using gammon, you could always use slices of tomato and courgettes for a veggie option)
- Sprinkle the herbs and drizzle olive oil over the tart
- Bake in the oven for 20 mins Serve warm or cold with salad.
By Melodie Walter