Inspired by national coffee week (and this pie!), we decided that we would try incorporating coffee into this week’s recipe! And luckily, we found that Oreo and coffee beans blend together wonderfully. Follow the instructions if you too would like to indulge in our nutty coffee Oreo cream pie delight.
¼ cup peanut butter
1 tin sweetened condensed milk (397g)
25 finely crushed Oreo biscuits
6 tbsp melted butter
10 crushed digestive biscuits
1 pot extra thick double cream (600ml)
½ tsp vanilla extract
¼ cup coffee beans
50g milk chocolate
- Crush Oreo biscuits in food processor.
- In a bowl, mix 2/3 melted butter in with crushed Oreo biscuits.
- Put firmly onto the base of a round baking tin or pie plate of 20x20cm width and 4cm deep.
- Crush digestive biscuits and mix in with the remaining butter. Put layer of digestive crumbs on top of the Oreo crumbs.
- Put in freezer for 10-15 mins.
- In a large bowl, whip together the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla extract, and the peanut butter. - Whip the cream, and then add to the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, and peanut butter mixture. - Evenly pour on top of your pie base.
- Decorate with chocolate syrup (we chose swirls!). - Put in the freezer for 7-8 hours. - While your pie is setting, melt your milk chocolate, put it into a small bowl with the coffee beans, and mix together. Leave in the fridge for the chocolate to harden and cool.
- With a dessert spoon, crush the beans and chocolate
- Once pie is set, serve immediately from the freezer and sprinkle on crushed chocolate-covered coffee beans (it is ice-cream-like in nature and WILL melt if you leave out too long!).
- Served best with a cup of mild Columbian blend iced coffee with milk.
- Store in freezer.
We hope you enjoy this as much as we did!
By Melodie Walter