Even a couple of weeks after Carnival, the fever is still with us at Cellardoor - check out our Malibu Rum Leche Cereza – a creamy vibrant cocktail that cannot fail to bring life and colour to the party – be it after work drinks or party o’clock these beauties bring the sunshine to you!
Malibu Rum (20 ml)
Milk (Fill coconut shell)
1 dessert spoonful of sugar
Garnish and decoration
Cherries Banana (sliced)
Empty coconut shell
Ice cube mould
* Warning: remember to make your ice-cubes the night before (!)
* Do this by filling each cube mould with chopped coconut or coconut flakes
* Then in a jug, fill it up with some water and put in a tiny drop of blue food colouring and mix together
* Pour into each cube
* Put into freezer over night
* Put the empty coconut shell in the bucket and make sure that it fits securely; you don’t want your drink to spill!
* To make the cocktail, pour in the Malibu Rum, then add the milk and sugar and mix well
* Pop a couple of slices of banana and two cherries on to a cocktail stick and place across the top of the coconut 'cup'
* Get the blue coconut ice-cubes out of the freezer and add into the drink 5 of them
* Add some straws and umbrellas (we made our own from cut out cardboard and attached it to the straw)
* Let the Malibu Rumba flow and welcome in your own carnival party mode!
By Melodie Walter