Lip scrubs are an effective way to treat your pout to some TLC and put that extra coconut oil from the last Budget Beauty post to good use. Giving your lips a gentle scrub every now and again not only sheds the unwanted dead skin, but also smooths out the canvas for lipstick application. So, if you're a bold lip lover - listen up!
What you'll need
1tbsp White or Brown Sugar
1 Heaped tbsp Coconut Oil
1. Mix the honey and coconut oil together in a bowl. Binding them together creates the perfect conditioner to protect and soften your lips, locking in the moisture as the sugar exfoliates the layers of your lips.
2. Fold the sugar into the mixture, being careful not to whisk as the consistency will become too runny. We chose to use white sugar for our home made lip scrub, as it's not a coarse as brown sugar ad we already had it stocked in our pantry! After all, this is budget beauty.
3. At this point, it's optional to add in any essential oils or extras that you might want. We chose not too as the coconut oil itself tastes delicious! But, we suggest a couple of drops of peppermint oil works a treat to freshen your lips and breath at the same time.
4. Gently work into your lips and remove with a damp cloth. Feel the softness! We were amazed with the results, the sugar wasn't drying on the lips at all as the coconut oil acted almost like a lip balm and coated the skin with moisture.
5. At this point, you can leave your lips bare, or apply your favourite bold lippy!
So there you have it, a Budget Beauty way to achieving an enviable pout! #selfie
Words and photography Emily Smith